By Perry A~
There is a solution to the Flint River disaster. An easy, inexpensive, safe, efficient, and non-invasive solution the Flint city and state officials are probably over looking.
Bentonite Clay! There is now enough research to provide the basis for the use of clay minerals as low-cost, non-toxic adsorbents for the removal of waste proteins, biological toxins, antibiotics, and biological entities such as viruses from water. Clays can further act as scavengers for chemical used in certain waste water treatment in order to remove these after the treatment is complete. In addition, the adsorption of heavy metal ions by clay minerals is a complex process, reflecting their strong tendency to form co-valent bonds to capture and hold thus its reputation for a strong detoxification method. 
As with any disaster effecting thousands of people, panic ensues. Committees are appointed to look into solutions followed by who is at fault and who is financially responsible and what long range infrastructures are needed to return the city to safe drinking water. Like molasses committees tend to stray and take a long time in coming to a decision before action can take place.
First responders are the first to take action to provide safe drinking water to the people in this situation. Pharmaceutical companies come to offer their expensive, invasive, medical solution to removing the lead contamination. Often over looked are other successful detoxing methods. One proven effective method is detoxing with Bentonite Clay.
Five reasons Bentonite clay is an effective detoxing agent for removing Heavy metals from the body.
- Bentonite clay is an extremely strong electromagnetic detoxifier that captures heavy metals, bad bacteria, viruses, chemicals and poisons and takes them out of the body.
- Taking a therapeutic clay bath, lasting anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes is one of the most effective methods to help assist the body in the elimination of toxic substances.
- Bentonite clay as a catalyst provides activation energy to the body to help the body overcome the drain caused by infections and diseases that leave the body’s immune system in a weakened state and susceptible to plethora of diseases and ailments. 
- Bentonite clay’s high pH is instrumental returning the body to balance in support of a compromised immune system.
- Clay stimulates a deficient organ and helps the restoration of the failing function. 
Taking a liquid Bentonite clay internally it acts as a cleansing agent eliminating all noxious substances from the mouth south expelling them with the feces. Once the toxins are absorbed into the bloodstream any that are not eliminated by the kidneys and liver are stored in the soft tissues and joints of the body. There overtime they build up and play havoc with the body’s immune system. This is where clays strong negative ionic drawing power is used through a serious of clay baths to pull these toxins out through the pores of the skin.
The power of clay baths are described in this study below.
Dr. Miriam Jang has seen many of her young autistic patients improving so much on the clay that she goes as far as to say that the clay works even better than the TD DMPS (transdermal dimercaptopropane sulfonate) in chelation. “So far, I have put a huge number of patients on these clay baths, and the levels of the heavy metals — mercury, lead, arsenic, aluminum and cadmium — have come down dramatically. I follow the progress with 6 hour DMSA challenge urine test from Doctor’s Data. One particular patient had very high levels of mercury and levels of lead that were off the charts. In 3 months of twice weekly clay baths, the lead came down dramatically and the mercury disappeared.” (Miriam Jang. Article, Breakthroughs In Autism, 2009) 
Let’s look at the pros and con of IV EDTA (Chelation vs Bentonite Clay baths.
IV EDTA (ethylenediamine-tetraacetic acid) Chelation:
- The patient goes to a medical facility, sits in the lounge chair and one of the personnel starts the IV drip by inserting the needle in hand or arm. They time the drip to last from three to four hours.
- Most health practitioners recommend two or three treatments a week until 10 to 30 infusions are completed. The number of treatments is usually proportional to the original problem.
- IV Chealations run. $115 to $150 per treatment so you are looking at $1,150.00 to $4,500.00.
- For adults 1 cup of Bentonite clay powder is liquefied with water in a blender and added to the bath water. Take 2 thirty minute baths per week for 3 months.
- Taking Clay internally captures freshly ingested toxins and as a catalyst it cleanses and enriches red blood cells.
- It is more effective, non-invasive, faster and inexpensive and safe solution to chelating high levels of lead from the body and it can be self administered.
- Clay baths have been safely used for centuries and only provide benefits.
- A 40 pound container of clay will provide 80 clay baths, enough for two people to detox at only $475.00 total cost.
Comments From successful users:
Clay Baths Detox Lead in 3 yr. old Boy
My 3 year old son was diagnosed with high levels of lead in his blood – 7.3. The doctors wanted to put him on drugs and intravenous chelation. I had heard about Calcium Bentonite Clay for detoxing and wanted to try it first. I gave him 2 clay baths a week using 1 cup of clay in each bath for 3 months. My son calls them chocolate milk baths. We went back for the check up in 3 months and the doctor came in and asked “What have you been doing?” I asked what do you mean? He said there was no sign of the lead in your son and we want to know what you did. I told him about the clay baths. I was giving him a little liquid clay, 1 Tablespoon at night for acid reflux and that is all we did. After a few baths my son started asking for chocolate milk baths. – Ben H.
Clay Lowers One-Year- Old’s Lead Levels
The clay has been such a blessing to us. When our daughter was 12 months old, we took her to holistic practice for a checkup. They did a routine hair analysis on her and found that she had lead in her system. We immediately started to give her clay baths, 3 times a week, for 2.5 – 3 months. Additionally, we gave her 1 tsp of hydrated clay with her food, 1 time a day, every day for 2 months. We then had her blood tested. Lead levels greater than 10 micrograms/dL are considered abnormal, according to the CDC. Our daughter’s test results came back at 2 mcg/dL, out of a normal range of 0 – 9. We will continue to give her the clay as we had been doing to completely remove the lead from her system, but we are very relieved her levels are getting closer to zero, and that we didn’t have to go the route of intrusive chelation treatments. -Natalie M.
If you have high levels of toxins in your system consider detoxifying with Bentonite Clay.
 Bergaya, F. and Lagaly, G. Handbook of Clay Science, 2nd Edition, Volumes 2, page 592, 2013
 Szostak, Jack W. Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), “Clays as Catalysts,” Science. Vol. 302, Oct. 24, 2003
 Dextreit, Raymond, Earth Cures, Translation by Michel Abehsera, Carol Publishing Company, page 12, 1997
 Jang, Miriam. Article, Breakthroughs in the Evaluation and Treatment of Autism, 2009
© 2016 Perry A~
Perry A~ Arledge is the author of Calcium Bentonite Clay Nature’s Pathway to Healing, www.TheClayBook.com and numerous articles on Bentonite Clay at www.BentoniteClayInfo.com. She is a frequent guest on health talk radio shows. She is dedicated to spreading the word about clay’s healing potential and putting attention on safe healing with Bentonite Clay. She is available for lectures, radio interviews, and answering questions on clay therapy. Perry A~ can be reached at email@example.com, 1-512-262-7187.